It’s that time of year when your winter wardrobe is getting a tad bit boring and you can’t wait to wear your hot new summer pieces. Right? Especially if you live in Cape Town, the weather doesn’t always play along with your fashion plans.
We found our Top 5 staple outfits, thanks to Pinterest, that will keep you fashionably covered for this time of year.
1. The long sleeve all essential basic stripe dress. The easiest layering piece of them all! On the colder days, simply add a pair of leggings and even boots if the sun doesn’t seem to be making an appearance that day. Otherwise, add your statement sandals and off you go!
2. The longer length Tee. You bought this as this trendy item hit the shelves and unless you’ve been layering it over long sleeves this winter, it’s probably still fresh in your cupboard. Add your favourite jacket for the cooler mornings and reveal your Tee later in the afternoon.
3. Your winter jacket. You still love this staple so don’t ditch it just yet! We haven’t quite said goodbye to the cold so layer this piece over something light and you’re ready to go.
4. Denim. Denim. Denim. Will we ever get enough of this fabric in all its washes, whiskers and rips? Do double denim or make sure your staple jeans are ready for a look that’s casually thrown together in an easy statement.
5. White on white. This season we’re loving the cool, crisp white hot trend. Lovely lace and a full skirt gives this look a pretty almost-there summer feel.
Check out our White Hot story on our website here truworths.co.za for ideas on how to dress this look.
Posted In: Guest reporters